Designated the Los Angeles Cultural Monument No. 404, the Huron Substation is a Cypress Park landmark. The building was originally built in 1908 as one of five stations that powered the city's Yellow Car trolleys. Designed by Edward S. Cobb, the rare property has received a 15-year renovation but still maintains many historic details including its original brickwork, wooden beams, arched windows, and 12-foot-high rear doors. Its interior features 45-foot ceilings and offers 3,000 square feet of space along with a mezzanine adding another 1,500 square feet. Sitting on a 6,500-square-foot lot, it falls within the CASP plan allowing for a variety of development possibilities.
Photos: Pierre Galant / Benjamin Kahle of Historic Real Estate Los Angeles